Wideband Low-Noise Amplifiers
100 MHz to 20.0 GHz
► Low Cost
► Aluminum Package with Removable Connectors
► Tig Welded Aluminum Housing
► Designed to Meet MIL-STD-883
► Custom Engineered Options (CEOs)
Low-noise amplifiers (LNAs) are, by design and application, small signal amplifiers, intended to be the primary signal booster in RF subsystems; especially those where link-margins are critical.
Since overall LNA performance is determined largely by the first stage of amplification, CTT has combined its many years of experience in characterizing these devices with its expertise in the design of matching circuits to optimize noise figure performance.
CTT has developed an extensive “Library” of device parameters and compatible matching solutions, which allow predictable, repeatable noise performance. This “Library” is the basis for CTT’s automated module production capability, which has been able to virtually triple module production efficiency.
These amplifiers are high performance, low-cost, GaAs FET amplifiers. Each LNA comes with removable SMA connectors.
Low-Noise Amplifier Comments:
Applies to all AM, AF and AL Series amplifiers
1. All specifications are guaranteed at +25°C CASE temperature as measured in the linear region.
2. CTT can provide replacements for many hard to find amplification products including those formerly produced by Amplica, Inc., Avantek, Inc., Celeritek and Watkins-Johnson Company (WJ).
3. Noise figure will rise 0.015 dB/°C typically as the temperature increases.
4. P1dB will drop approximately 1 dB from +25°C to +85°C.
5. All units contain internal voltage regulators which can operate from +12 to +15 VDC.
6. Proper heat sinking is REQUIRED to keep the case temperature below +105°C. Otherwise, permanent damage or degradation may occur.
7. Consult the factory for additional gain, power, higher frequencies, temperature compensation or any special functions.
8. Commercial versions are available with reduced screening and industrial-grade FETs.
9. Maximum power without damage is +12 dBm min. Up to +20 dBm option available, contact factory.
10. For selected applications, lower noise-figures are available, contact the factory.